Planetary Assemble : Terrestrial


Planet Assemble: Terrestrial was an inspiration from a picture I came across in Twitter, a sphere that divided into 8 planets' surfaces in our solar system; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. With not so much detailed planning, I went to the art store and grabbed 2 rectangle canvases for my next art piece. Planet Assemble: Terrestrial is the first part of this planetary art project, while second part will be the Jovians.

I searched for NASA's detailed images of each planet to refer to for this art piece. For Mercury, I chose a false coloured image to get the planet's colour based on its elemental composition on the surface since normal images of mercury is grey and, how should I say this; dull. 

 


The surfaces of Venus, Earth and Mars are already colourful and has interesting structures which were to my liking so I decided to just use the normal pictures I obtained from NASA images (Thank you NASA for countless of inspirations for my paintings!)




So as usual, I painted the canvas all black and start working on each planets in detail. I enjoyed making the surface of each planet, playing around with the colours and brushes. Planetary subject is fun because it doesn't require much blending. The planetary surface let you work on hard strokes which resulted in awesome effects of the each planet structure. Since it's still my early phase of working on space arts, I chose subjects which are easier, fun and less stressful to make into arts and I found out planets fit the requirements. 

The most fun part of creating the planet assemble series is the masking tape removal. I was able to see clean division of the planets after pulling off the tape and it's oddly satisfying. 


I'll be sharing about the second part of Planet Assemble series soon! 

Acrylic on Canvas
Planet Assemble: Terrestrial 
By Syahirah Stargazer

Comments