Officially the International Association of Astronomical Artist Member!


Hey stargazers!

I am excited to announce that I am officially the Artist Member of IAAA (International Association of Astronomical Artists) on 23 March 2021! This is one of the most STELLAR moment of my life and it is a great honour to be among the amazing space artists across the globe.

I received the news through email sent by Kara Szathmary, the Treasurer and the Director of IAAA membership; both on congratulating me and the warm welcome from the IAAA! 

Please Welcome , Nurul Syahirah Nazarudin, our latest and Newest IAAA artist from Malaysia

Yes indeed, you read that correctly, from Malaysia. Nurul Syahirah Nazarudin or Syahirah Stargazer as her Facebook name identifies our 196th IAAA member. But this young gal is really something. Please read her artist statement as well as her Biography. Then check out her various social media images. Let's ALL give her a Warm and delightful Welcome from the space artists of the IAAA.

Aldo Spadoni, the IAAA President and Chairman of the Board of Trustees also mentioned;

Greetings Syahirah and welcome to our Tribe! I really like your artwork and it’s a pleasure to have you join us as a new Artist member.

While the IAAA is an international organization, we are relatively small in number. Our membership tends to be clustered in only a few regions of the world. Kara will correct me if I’m wrong but as far as I know, you are the only member in your part of the world.

So you are now the IAAA Space Art Ambassador to your region of this planet! :-)

I am absolutely excited to be a part of an amazing association with best of both worlds; Astronomy and Arts. I am enthusiastic to learn and to contribute my arts for Astronomy among the other space artists. On top of all, I am also waiting for special tokens from IAAA! Woohoo!

Shortly on the day after receiving news, the Founder of Dark Sky Malaysia, Emma decided to have a brief, 1 hour LIVE session to announce this ASTRONOMICAL news. It was spontaneous but hey, you don't want this hot news to wait out cold. So we decided to do a LIVE broadcast from Dark Sky Malaysia FB page on 23 March 2021, at 9PM talking about my space art journey, involvement in IAAA as the artist member and my plan and mission as the Astronomical Artist. 





Thank you so much to those who supported me and my space arts, until today especially my dearest husband, my lovely family, Emma and Dark Sky Malaysia as well as my friends and followers. I appreciate all of you, and you'll hear more from me. I have more mission waiting ahead as an Astronomical Artist so stay tuned!

Love,
Syahirah Stargazer

Comments